COVID-19 requirements for all persons travelling to Mongolia
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Mongolia presents its compliments to all Diplomatic Missions and Representative Offices of International Organizations in Ulaanbaatar and has the honor to provide information on the self-isolation regime for foreign arrivals and additional PCR test regulation.
1. Starting from July 28, 2021 persons arriving in Mongolia 14 days after receiving the full dose of the coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine or those who were diagnosed within 4 months earlier with coronavirus infection (COVID-19) and fully recovered from it/ upon proof of such document / are subject to 14-day self-isolation regime.
2. PCR tests shall be taken upon arrival from persons /excluding children of age 0-5/ at air and road border checkpoints who are and who are self-isolating at home for 14 days.
3. All persons who are subject to a 14-day self-isolation regime are required to register their addresses and phone number in Mongolia at air and road border checkpoints.
The following measures shall remain as well:
4. All persons arriving in Mongolia who have not been fully vaccinated against coronavirus infection (COVID-19) shall be quarantined at designated facilities for 7 days and PCR tests shall be taken on the 6th day. If there are no symptoms and the result of the PCR test is negative quarantine at the designated facility will end and the self-isolation at home for 7 days shall follow.
5. Requirements for all persons traveling to Mongolia to present negative coronavirus “COVID-19” PCR test result which is taken within 72 hours before arrival.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Mongolia avails itself of this opportunity to renew to all Diplomatic Missions and Representative Offices of International Organizations in Ulaanbaatar the assurances of its highest consideration